Nominations are now open for members of the NSSA Board of Directors, the first governing body to be elected this year. Each state, province, U.S. military service branch, and other regions will elect at least one Director, with the number based on the number of members there. Members who wish to run for the position must submit a nomination form with the endorsement of their state association or the signatures of five NSSA members from the same state/province/territory. Click here to see the number of Directors each state/province is entitled to. Those elected will serve a two-year term beginning January 1, 2019.
Candidates must be current, paid NSSA members; CLM members and Crossfire shooters are not eligible. Ballots will be distributed by email to all members with an email address on file. Members who require a printed ballot may request one by contacting Stephanie Haga, email@example.com, 210-688-3371, ext. 122. You must provide your name, member number, and state.
Military members (active duty, veteran, or retired) may run for and vote in either their state of residence or their branch of service.
Key dates for NSSA Director Elections:
- Deadline for nominations: April 23
- Ballots sent to membership: As soon as practicable after May 1
- Voting closes: Midnight June 30
Zone Committee Persons Election
Following the election of Directors, members will vote for Zone Committee persons. The Zone Committee persons collectively comprise the NSSA Executive Committee. Only Directors serving the current term may vote for Zone Committee person and may vote only for their respective zone. The nominee must be a current Director in that zone.
- Nomination period: July 1-23
- Ballots sent to current Directors: August 2
- Deadline to request printed ballot: August 11
- Deadline for receipt at NSSA HQ: Midnight August 25
- Run-off ballots sent for any ties: August 31
- Run-off voting deadline: September 15
Officer Election (President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer)
- Deadline for nominations received at NSSA headquarters: June 25
– Any member receiving the nomination of five Directors, at least three of whom are from different states, shall be entitled to be a candidate.
– Such nominations must be accompanied by a letter signed by the nominee agreeing to the candidacy.
- Deadline for Executive Committee as nominating committee to submit nominations: July 1
- Ballot distribution deadline: On or before July 10
- Voting deadline: August 20
If there is more than one candidate for any office, the President shall select an independent accounting firm to whom the ballots will be sent for tabulation. Each ballot sent to the Directors shall be accompanied by a return envelope marked “Officers Ballot” and addresses to the selected accounting firm, if one is used. If an accounting firm is used, that firm shall tabulate the ballots and certify and deliver results to the association’s office on or before August 30. The nominee for each office who receives a plurality of the votes cast shall be elected to the office for which he or she was nominated. The officers so elected and certified shall assume office on January 1.