The National Skeet Shooting Association in San Antonio, Texas, is now accepting applications for the independent contractor position of NSSA Chief Youth Instructor. Candidates must possess, at a minimum, an NSSA Level I Instructor certification. Candidates must have knowledge of skeet shooting, the standard methods of teaching shooting from the NSSA instructors courses, and the NSSA Youth Camp Program.
Candidates must be able to coordinate with gun clubs, camp directors, and the NSSA Director of Skeet and his staff to ensure camps are being conducted as intended. The Chief Youth Instructor must conduct youth camps as necessary, communicate with those interested in hosting a youth camp, and communicate with staff at NSSA headquarters as required. The Chief Youth Instructor is the primary organizer of NSSA youth camps as well as the primary conductor of the camps for clubs that need assistance. All prospective candidates must possess effective verbal and written communicative skills and basic computer knowledge.
This is a remote position.
Submit resumes to Nathan Boyd – NSSA, 5931 Roft Road, San Antonio, TX 78253 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes must be received by March 21. Resumes received after March 21 will not be considered.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE NSSA CHIEF YOUTH INSTRUCTOR
- Operate the National Skeet Shooting Association Youth Camp Program
- Oversee, schedule, and administer all youth camps. The Chief Youth Instructor does not have to attend all camps but will be responsible for the completion of the camps, conducting camps when necessary or finding a suitable certified instructor to conduct camps when unavailable
- Work closely with and provide support to camp clubs, camp directors, and camp instructors
- Interface with the NSSA Director of Skeet and his staff to ensure coordinated operations
- Manage administration and reporting for Youth Skeet Camps, including providing each attendee with a Complimentary Limited Membership (CLM), ensuring that clubs have met requirements for funding, and submitting all reports to NSSA headquarters
- Manage all logistics of hosting a camp in coordination with the host club. This includes working with the club and camp director to gather local instructors to help with the camps, when necessary. Camps require one instructor for each group of five students.
- Ensure each camp attendee that completes the camp receives a certificate of completion following the camp
- Provide up-to-date information and summaries of camp activity for inclusion on MyNSSA.com, in Clay Target Nation magazine, and in Target Talk newsletter
- Expand and grow the NSSA Youth Camp Program throughout all the zones
NSSA Chief Youth Instructor Job Requirements and Qualifications
Job Scope: NSSA
A successful candidate for the position of NSSA Chief Youth Instructor should meet the following requirements and possess the following qualities:
Leadership & Management:
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills to be able to work effectively
- Be able to work with, guide, and direct volunteers
- Demonstrate flexibility where necessary to achieve objectives
- Be able to set priorities
- Be organized
- Demonstrate leadership skills for young men and women
- Communicate effectively both orally and in written form with staff, members, and clubs
- Must be computer literate capable of communicating via email and using spreadsheets
- Must be capable of maintaining information for submission to Clay Target Nation magazine and Target Talk newsletter
- Be able to work with groups constructively
- Be recognized as an instructor and be knowledgeable about youth camps