The National Skeet Shooting Association is now accepting applications for the position of NSSA Director/Assistant Director. The NSSA Director/Assistant Director will assist in the operation of the National Skeet Shooting Association.
NSSA Director/Assistant Director
The National Skeet Shooting Association is the world’s largest organization dedicated solely to the sport of skeet shooting. Founded in 1928 and headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, the NSSA is a 501(c)(3) organization with approximately 15,000 members and 600 affiliated member clubs. It is owned and operated by its members, who are represented by a Board of Directors and an Executive Committee which employs an Executive Director to manage NSSA affairs. The NSSA is dedicated to the development of the sport at all levels of participation and to creating an atmosphere of healthy competition and meaningful fellowship within its membership.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
The position of NSSA Director/Assistant Director is an on-site position at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, Texas. A successful candidate for the position should meet the following requirements and possess the following qualities:
Leadership and Management
- Demonstrate leadership and organizational skills to be able to work effectively.
- Be service-oriented toward our members and member clubs.
- Be able to work with, guide and direct volunteers.
- Be organized.
- Be able to listen, evaluate and reply constructively.
- Be able to manage and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility where necessary to achieve objectives.
- Be able to set priorities.
- Be able to recommend plans of action and implement these plans.
- Be able to identify potential problems and make solution-based recommendations.
- Be able to understand and consistently enforce the NSSA rules and model good sportsmanship at every event.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, for interaction with staff, Board of Directors, NSSA officers, Executive Committee, NSSA committees, members and clubs, and for publication in member magazine, newsletters, website, social media, and other communications channels.
- Possess Microsoft Office skills and ability to support virtual meetings on Microsoft Teams. Be fully functional on email and spreadsheet programs/applications and capable of learning basic database programs.
- Must possess one to three years’ experience as administrative manager or assistant or equivalent work experience.
- Be able to work with staff, Board of Directors, committees, and other groups.
- Be an outgoing personality interested in member and club concerns.
- Be organized and willing to learn about NSSA topics.
- Be able to annually work 2-5 weekends for meetings and events at NSSA headquarters and travel 2-5 times a year as required to represent NSSA.
Education and Experience
- Required high school diploma or GED equivalent with 8-10 years of work experience -OR- Preferred Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ work experience.
- Required current or former NSSA, ATA or NSCA member.
- Preferred current NSSA member.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary with annual performance-based bonus. Combined salary and bonus range of $50,000-$70,000. Salary is dependent on education, experience and qualifications.
- Medical (UnitedHealthcare), dental and life insurance; optional vision and various supplemental insurances.
- 401(k) with annual employment metrics and employer matching (employment tenure-based).
Duties and Responsibilities
The NSSA Director/Assistant Director will assist in the operation of the National Skeet Shooting Association, including the following responsibilities:
- Prepare for, host and follow up on all action items for a minimum of two meetings annually with NSSA officers and Executive Committee and one annual meeting of NSSA Board of Directors, reporting on the status of the association.
- Work closely with and provide support to association committees and others appointed by the President.
- Interface with the Executive Director and peers to ensure coordinated operations of the association.
- Manage programs for members, member clubs, state and zone associations.
- Assist in certifying membership rolls of the NSSA, announce elections and gather candidates for elections.
- Organize and execute elections in accordance with NSSA bylaws.
- Learn aspects and topics of NSSA and communicate with members and member clubs.
- Assist management of logistics, equipment, supplies, awards and merchandise.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the NSSA Hall of Fame Banquet.
- Assist in publication of membership records and materials, including class cards, rule books, Records Annual, and referee and instructor resources.
- Assist in providing and reviewing materials for publication in Clay Target Nation magazine, NSSA social media channels, NSSA website and other publications.
To apply for the position of NSSA Director/Assistant Director, submit a resume to:
Michael Hampton, Jr.
National Skeet Shooting Association
5931 Roft Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78253